1. What has been your proudest career moment?
Receiving the Trade Association Forum’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Trade Association Management in 2019.
2. Who has been/is your biggest mentor?
Will McKee, who was my Director-General at the British Property Federation.
3. What’s the most valuable piece of advice you have ever received?
Learn to say “That’ll do” to anything that is at least 80% good enough. Your idea of 80% is most people’s 110%.
4. Which training body would you recommend for someone wanting to enter your area of the industry?
Vistage – I describe it as my CEO support group. I’ve had more professional development in the four years I’ve been a member than in the previous 20.
5. How do you make sure you stand out from the crowd e.g. up-skilling, research, social media?
Never stop learning and always be open to new ideas.
6. If you could give one piece of advice to someone starting their own business, what would it be?
Understand your numbers and make sure you stay on top of them.
7. What’s the best and hardest thing about your job?
The best thing is bringing out the untapped potential in an organisation. The hardest is trying to shift deeply ingrained mindsets in Government.
8. How do you switch off after a difficult day?
Any combination of cooking dinner, watching football or playing guitar.
9. Desert island 3 course meal?
Steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce
Roast pork, stuffing and crackling
Unlimited cheese board
10. Which 5 people (dead or alive) would you have at your dinner party?
My wife, two children, mother and stepfather
This week we chat to Sasha Pallari, makeup artist and creator of #FILTERDROP and get her to answer our favourite 10 questionsREAD MORE...
The team at Professional Beauty reveal the skills you need to make it as a mobile nail technicianREAD MORE...
Two years on from the start of the pandemic, BABTAC has found several indications of potential for positive growth in the beauty industry, which could have business booming.READ MORE...