1. What has been your proudest career moment?
Can I have two? Achieving our first Princess Royal Training Award for one of our Dermalogica Education programmes. And being co-opted to City & Guilds Council.
2. Who has been/is your biggest mentor?
My late grandfather – he loved life and learning, and fostered my curiosity.
3. What’s the most valuable piece of advice you have ever received?
Although I always want to help, people can take advantage of your willingness or kindness.
A client once said to me, “Be wary of bending over backwards for everyone – it will never be far enough”.
4. Which training body would you recommend for someone wanting to enter your area of the industry?
Always look for a regulated training body or awarding organisation when looking for qualifications to enter an industry. That is Ofqual in England, Qualifications Wales, the SQA Scotland, and CCEA Northern Ireland. Alongside that look for awarding organisations that have legacy in the sector.
5. How do you make sure you stand out from the crowd e.g. up-skilling, research, social media?
6. If you could give one piece of advice to someone starting their own business, what would it be?
Find your ’why’ and build from there. Business without purpose is soulless and transactional and will eventually sap your energy. You will spend a lot of your time building your business and it will be hard at times, so knowing your business ‘why’ will focus and motivate you.
7. What’s the best and hardest thing about your job?
The best is working with dynamic, highly skilled and multi-experienced women from all around the world. The toughest is staying on top of my inbox!
8. How do you switch off after a difficult day?
G&T or glass of wine and listen to some jazz
9. Desert island 3 course meal?
Langoustines to start
Ribeye steak with chips and bearnaise for main
Bailey’s coffee to finish
10. Which 5 people (dead or alive) would you have at your dinner party?
The Beauty Backed Trust Industry Icons Christmas Raffle is now live!READ MORE...
This week we chat to Emma Guns, Podcaster and Writer, and get her to answer our favourite 10 questionsREAD MORE...
Government announces measures to tackle late payment of invoices to support small businesses and grow the economyREAD MORE...